AMERICAN PICKERS To Film In WASHINGTON
Mike Wolfe, Frank Fritz, and their team are excited to return to WASHINGTON! They plan to film episodes of the hit series AMERICAN PICKERS throughout the region this September.
AMERICAN PICKERS is a documentary series that explores the fascinating world of antique ‘picking’ on History. The hit show follows Mike and Frank, two of the most skilled pickers in the business, as they hunt for America’s most valuable antiques. They are always excited to find sizeable, unique collections and learn the interesting stories behind them.
As they hit the back roads from coast to coast, Mike and Frank are on a mission to recycle and rescue forgotten relics. Along the way, the Pickers want to meet characters with remarkable and exceptional items. The pair hopes to give historically significant objects a new lease on life, while learning a thing or two about America’s past along the way.
Mike and Frank have seen a lot of rusty gold over the years and are always looking to discover something they’ve never seen before. They are ready to find extraordinary items and hear fascinating tales about them. AMERICAN PICKERS is looking for leads and would love to explore your hidden treasure. If you or someone you know has a large, private collection or accumulation of antiques that the Pickers can spend the better part of the day looking through, send us your name, phone number, location and description of the collection with photos to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-old-rust.
The Cashmere Chamber of Commerce- along with Antique Mall at Cashmere, Chelan County Expo Center, IGA Martin’s Market fresh, Liberty Orchards, and Milepost 111 Brewing Company – is sponsoring Cashmere Night at the AppleSox.
Business of the Year, State Farm Insurance -Bruce Cheadle will be throwing the first pitch. Local musician , Gayla Graves and of Gayla Graves Branding and Marketing, will be singing the National Anthem.
Join us on Wednesday, July 13 at Paul Thomas Sr. Field on the campus of Wenatchee Valley College!
Game time is 7:05 PM
Attendees are encouraged to show their community by wearing Cashmere orange!
Tickets can be purchased online ahead of time, or at the stadium box office the evening of the game.
Premium Reserved Seats:
General Admission Bleacher Seats:
Adults – $7
Children under 12 – $6
Toddlers in laps – Free
If you look closely…
Have you wondered what those little yellow footprints lead to?
The Gnomes of Cashmere project focuses on promoting a healthy, family friendly atmosphere where creativity and smiles flourish. It aims to build on the best of what Cashmere has to offer for our locals and encourages visitors to visit our community while spending time walking around, enjoying both our local merchants and Riverside Park.
The Gnomes of Cashmere started with 18 doors that were creatively designed by committee members or by participating businesses. With excitement, the Gnomes of Cashmere has grown to 29 doors which promotes each location / business as a door or house. Many are designed as a replica or a representation of the location with intricate details…discover for yourself…the Gnomes of Cashmere.
Interesting facts about the gnome trail:
- The trail is 1.25 miles long, or 6,600 feet long or 29,600 Gnome Feet long (gnome feet are approximately 1-2 inches in length)
- 2 gallons of paint, 288 sponges, 125 latex gloves and three dozen handmade footprint templates were consumed in the creation of the trail
- The trail was created over 6 days, often after dark
- 150 volunteer hours were spent creating the trail, by 35 volunteers (12 adults and 18 children), several of whom were recruited as they walked by
- The Gnomes of Cashmere Walking Tour is a loop that takes you past 23 gnome doors (not all gnome doors are available for viewing yet, but most are). it starts at the public parking lot on Aplets and goes past The Mission District, the Library & Post Office, into Riverside Park and up Aplets to Cottage.
- When all the doors that have been made are displayed (not all have been put on display yet) Cashmere will have 29 gnome doors to view
- Some doors are inside businesses, some are outside
- Maps can be obtained at the Cashmere Chamber of Commerce, located at 103 Cottage Avenue in Cashmere, WA 98815