Nomination forms are now available for the Cashmere Chamber of Commerce’s annual Business and Citizen of the Year awards. The deadline to submit nominations is Sunday, January 31. Drop boxes for nominations can be found at the following Cashmere-area business locations:
- Cashmere Chamber of Commerce
- Cashmere City Hall
- Cashmere Valley Bank
- Clifford’s Hardward
- IGA Martins’ Market
- US Post Office
Criteria for Business of the Year
- Operates a business in the Cashmere area,
- Is a paid member of the Cashmere Chamber of Commerce,
- Is actively involved in the Cashmere community, and
- In current years, or consistently over a number of years, has demonstrated excellence in their field, which would in turn contribute to the overall economic health of the community.
Criteria for Citizen of the Year
- Demonstrated an outstanding contribution to the Cashmere community,
- Helps to promote the local economic climate,
- Is active in service projects leading to civic improvement, and
- Donated time beyond what is expected in the position which the nominee earns a living from.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Nomination Review Committee, composed of representatives from Cashmere businesses, churches, and service clubs. Winners will be honored at the Chamber’s Annual Recognition Dinner & Auction at the Cashmere Riverside Center on March 11 from 5:30-8:00 pm.
Join us on Thursday, December 17th from 5 – 7 pm, in the 100 block of Cottage Avenue, as we celebrate Christmas in Cashmere! Enjoy a warm beverage, holiday treats, and festive music as you cozy up around a fire pit with family and friends awaiting the arrival of the big man himself – Santa Claus! Christmas in Cashmere . . . old-fashioned holiday fun!
We are teaming up with a different member business every week during the 2015 NFL season to bring you special 12th (wo)man deals you won’t want to miss! Show your Seahawks pride and support our local businesses by taking advantage of these great opportunities:
- Cashmere Cottage Yarn is offering 15% off any BLUE yarn; 20% off if you buy BLUE and green yarn (offer not valid on BLUE and green variegated yarn). Receive a free cowl pattern with purchase of yarn!
- IGA Martin’s Market Fresh Subway has a deal to keep your team fueled up. Pick up 4 foot-long subs for $20!
- Balsamroot Boutique will have handcrafted Seahawks BLUE crystal quartz earrings, regularly $42, on sale for $34!
- HomeTown Market is cooking up 12-piece chicken tenders with keepsake Seahawks glass.